Ever wondered where to go to find the latest in news and results each day? Or where you can go to find the best training hints (besides the club coach that is)?
Here is a list of useful sites for runners — news, results, tips, etc, and some of the other clubs in the Wellington area. Many of these sites themselves have extensive links to other running websites and resources.
News, events and results
- Athletics New Zealand — the official ANZ website with news, events, and results
- Cool Running New Zealand — lots of information and results of NZ fun runs and races (and some competition races too).
- NZRun.com — NZ news, results and information for the serious athlete
- IAAF — the global athletics governing body, with news and results
- World Mountain Running Association — Official WMRA website - for all those mountain runners in the club!
- Track and Field News — Online version of the magazine
- Cool Running — Complete online resource for all runners
- Athletics New Zealand
- Athletics Wellington — information on Athletics Wellington
- Sport Wellington — body for promoting sport and recreation in Wellington
- Primary Sport Wellington — organises primary school sports in Wellington
- NZ Secondary School Athletics Assocation — governing body for secondary school athletics in New Zealand
- New Zealand Children’s Athletic Association Inc — some information about Children’s Athletics
Other Wellington-based harrier and athletic clubs
- Runner’s World magazine — News, training and tips, gear reviews, nutrition, injury prevention etc
- Running Times magazine — News, training tools, gear reviews
- Marathon Training — Marathon news and results, training programmes, online training log
- Richard Brent’s Race Split Calculator — Calculate splits for various race distances
- Old Friends — Olympic Harriers page — a section on Olympic set up on the Old Friends site by an ex-member
- MountainRunning.com - A site run by an ex-New Zealander living in North America featuring a page on New Zealand mountain running
- New Zealand Sports Hall of Fame - Athletics
- Running event photos - by our very own Gary Nesbit
- Running event photos - Rowan Greig