Please help us keep up to date!
...we rely on you to let us know what you are up to!
Website content is managed by Mike Waterman, with help from Malcolm Standrill. Contact us on email@example.com.
We have a wide variety of information on this website and some others that we use:
- News: Club news and announcements, which we keep as permanent records.
- Results: Official results of races we organise, or results of other races that our members have competed in.
- Calendar: Events from the syllabus, local fun runs and other events that are of interest to our members.
- What’s hot: Our twitter feed of news flashes, reminders etc — published on our front page as “what’s hot”.
- Picasa: photos of things we’ve done.
- Facebook: where our members can discuss events and results.
If there are any events that should be on the calendar, if you know of any races that club members have participated in, or if there is anything else we should know about then please drop us an email. If you have photos then even better!
If you are away on a club trip we can arrange for you to send progress reports updates to Twitter.
Technical stuff is looked after by Mike Waterman; Chris Speakman is honorary webmaster. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep yourself up to date!
Our website is updated regularly. There are a few things you can do to make sure you stay up to date:
If you use Facebook then you can like our Olympic Harriers page to receive updates: news, results and calendar reminders from this website, what’s hot updates from Twitter, notification of new photos on Picasa, and of course Facebook posts.
If you use Twitter then you can follow us to get our “what’s hot” updates (as an alternative to using the RSS feed)
If you have a Picasa or any other Google account you can follow our Picasa albums to get notifications of updates via your account or via email.
RSS news feeds allows website updates to come to you rather than you having to go to the website. Most modern web browsers, many email programs such as Outlook and a number of web service providers such as Google are able to read RSS news feeds. We have a number of RSS feeds that may be useful:
- News and results — notification of new news and results
- News, results and what’s on — as well as notification of news and results, you get reminders of events in the calendar ahead of time
- Twitter (what’s hot) — notification of new Twitter/what’s hot posts
- Picasa — notification of new photos on our Picasa photo album
- Facebook — notification of new stuff on our Facebook page. Includes an aggregation of our news, results, calendar reminders, Twitter and Picasa notification plus any Facebook posts.
Of course our weekly email Bulletin to the club mailing list will also remind you of what’s happening!
If we don’t already have your email address, please let our registrar know — email email@example.com. Please don’t forget to check your email regularly!