Subscription information for April 2013 to March 2014
The subscription year runs from the start of the winter harrier season (April) to the end of the summer track and field season (March). These subs allow members to participate in our club runs, our races (whether organised by us or Athletics Wellington), and other activities. Fees are set by club members at the AGM each November.
Subs are due by 1 May. Please send a cheque with a 2013 membership form to the club registrar. Internet banking is also available.
|Senior – 20 to 39 (men), 20 to 34 (women)||SM (senior men), SW (senior women)||$150|
|Master – 40+ (men), 35+ (women) (age on day of event)||MM (masters men) or M40, M45, M50 etc;
MW (masters women) or W35, W40, W45 etc
|Junior and youth – Under twenty (19 and under at 31 December)||M-U20 and M-U19 (junior men),
W-U20 and W-U19 (junior women),
M-U18 and M-U17 (youth boys),
W-U18 and W-U17 (youth girls).
Also M-U16, W-U16
|Children – Under fifteen (14 and under at 31 December)||B-U15 and below; G-U15 and below||$70|
|Walker – All senior & masters grades||$95|
|Associate member – ANZ registration with another club||$50|
|Supporter member – non-competing||$50|
We also offer discounted rates for adult students and families:
|Adult student – fulltime||$95|
|Two family members (discount for two family members at same address)||10% off total|
|Three family members (discount for three family members at same address)||20% off total|
|Four or more family members (discount for four or more family members at same address)||25% off total|
Note: family discounts exclude associate and supporter memberships.
What you should know:
- Athletics NZ registration (ANZ): These subscription fees include ANZ registration fees where appropriate (which is for all members except associate members, who are registered through another club, and supporter members, who do not compete).
- Junior grade ages: Grades for juniors are determined by your age at the end of the year (31 December). For example, if you are 16 now and turn 17 later during the year, then your age at 31 December is 17 and you run in the Under 18 grade.
- New junior grade definitions: Athletics New Zealand has introduced new grade definitions for juniors for 2013. What was previously known as (for example) M19, or “Men 19 and under”, is now called M-U20, or “Men Under 20”. Those who are U20 and U19 compete in the junior men and junior women grades; those who are U18 and U17 compete in the youth boys and youth girls grades. Children (junior boys and girls) will run in their respective age grade races.
- No additional race fees: Your subscription covers your entry fees for Olympic’s club races and Athletics Wellington inter-club races. Your subscription also covers entry to Wellington track and field events. But you must compete for Olympic and wear your club uniform! For national events, you must enter yourself, but the club will normally reimburse you the cost of your entry and may provide other assistance.
- Children’s athletics: These subscription fees do not cover children’s athletics: please refer to our children’s athletics information for more details.
- Coaching: Subs include most squad training or coaching, although there may be extra costs for some options, where costs cannot be met through subs or external funding.
- Uniforms: Subs do not include uniform costs (Olympic singlet or crop top and plain black shorts). Singlets and crop tops are available for purchase at club runs and events.